As we move into the new year, there are several trends in human resources and employee benefits we expect to become more prevalent in 2023. Here are a few of the most notable ones:
- A focus on family: Employee benefits are no longer contained to more professional support. They’ve expanded far beyond this model to include support for employees’ most personal needs – especially when it comes to their families. Benefits that support family well-being, including caregiving support, childcare stipends, fertility benefits, adoption support, and more, will only become more popular in 2023.
- Greater emphasis on employee well-being: In the past few years, there’s been a growing awareness of the importance of employee well-being and mental health. In 2023, we can expect to see a greater focus on this issue, with HR leaders implementing programs and initiatives that promote employee well-being and mental health. This may include services such as access to mindfulness and meditation apps, stress management programs, and wellness initiatives such as fitness challenges and healthy eating programs.
- Remote work is here to stay: The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the trend towards remote work, and it’s likely this trend will continue well into the future. In 2023, experts expect many companies will shift to a more flexible, hybrid model of work, with employees able to choose to work from home or the office depending on their needs and preferences. HR departments will need to adapt to this new way of working, developing policies and strategies to support remote employees and ensure they have the resources and support they need to be productive.
- Increased innovation in employee benefits: As the world continues to evolve, so too do employee benefit programs. In 2023, we can expect to see several changes to traditional employee benefits, with companies looking for more innovative and flexible options. For example, there may be an increased focus on offering customized benefits packages that allow employees to choose the benefits that best suit their needs. We may also see an increase in the use of technology to deliver benefits, such as online platforms that allow employees to easily enroll in and access their benefits.
- A continued spotlight on DEI: All of the above trends in employee benefits are in service of upholding diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. Companies are increasingly taking steps to create more inclusive environments and ensure their employee benefits support the diverse needs of their workforce. In 2023, we can expect to see an even greater emphasis on finding key solutions to support DEIB, with HR leaders implementing even more comprehensive policies and programs to ensure all employees can thrive.
Overall, it’s clear the world of human resources and employee benefits is changing rapidly, and in 2023, we can expect to see a number of exciting trends and innovations. HR professionals will need to stay up-to-date and adapt to these changes in order to remain competitive and effective. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop on any emerging trends we see!
Our advice is to embrace these trends and proactively implement workplace strategies that align with them in order to best serve your employees. If you’d like to connect with one of our caregiving benefit experts about trends they are seeing in this benefits space, feel free to fill out our contact form.